Information We Collect on Our Site
Information You Provide To Us. The Sites may ask you to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, or home address (“Personal Information”)). For example, we may collect Personal Information when you register on the Sites, request information, submit comments or feedback or participate in some promotion, survey or other feature of the Sites, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The Sites may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as demographic information (gender, post code, age, etc.) or certain information about your preferences and interests. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it.
Information We Collect Automatically. Whenever you visit or interact with the Sites, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Sites are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. This statistical data is helpful in providing information about the use of this Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on this Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information is generally non-identifying.
We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
The technologies that may be used on the Sites to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include:
Cookies. Cookies are data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Sites. We, or our third-party advertising service providers, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting the Sites. You always have the option of disabling cookies using your browser preferences. However, please be aware that some features of this Site may not function properly or may be slower if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, may be included in the Sites and e-mail messages. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to determine whether content sent was actually viewed.
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Site;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with the Site;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer service team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You sign up to our affiliate marketing partner network;
- You purchase a gift voucher for redemption on So Danca;
- You participate in our promotions and giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
How We Use the Information Collected Through the Sites
Any information you submit on the Sites will be used for a variety of business purposes, including for example, to: respond to your questions and requests; provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Sites; verify your identity; communicate with you about your activities on the Sites; tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; improve the Sites and for internal business purposes; contact you with regard to your use of the Sites, your account, and, in our discretion, changes to our policies; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- Register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- Process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- Deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- Facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods (such as Paypal, Stripe or Afterpay);
- Process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- Provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish-list, brand or product and browser notifications;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- Ensure our Website function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimising our Website and Apps.
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- Send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- Send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- Deliver ads that are related to our products and services that are targeted and personalised to your interests, attributes, preferences and experiences on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- Provide you with any add-on or premium services;
- Invite you to our private customer events;
- Process your participation in our promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your details online, disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law), initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- Conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- Promote our products and services on our Platforms;
- Improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team.
Sharing of Information
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf and Affiliates. In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through this Site, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as companies or individuals that: host or operate our Sites; analyse data; provide customer service; advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance. Your personally identifiable information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other affiliated parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers.
- Business Transfers. We may share your Personal Information with other entities affiliated with us for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to this Site, Personal Information, Usage Information, and any other information that we have collected about the users of one or more of the Sites may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Should any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding be brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
Your Choice and Access
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by: (i) sending us an e-mail at our Contact address provided below; (ii) contacting us by mail at our Contact address provided below; or (iii) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed promptly after we receive it.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Sites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Security of Your Information
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
The Sites may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our sites.
Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
The Sites are operated in Australia. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in other jurisdictions in which our service providers and affiliates may be located. By using the Sites, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizens.
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Data on the website of the OAIC at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
So Danca Australia Pty Ltd
4/363 Hillsborough Rd
WARNERS BAY NSW 2282
T: 02-4915 7300